THE GRESHAM SAVAGE DEAL: A WIN, WIN FOR GRESHAM SAVAGE, AGAIN AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE!
The taxpayers just bought a $40 million dollar building, how do we help maintain it? Sublease some space from a partner in crime know as the legal outfit of Gresham Savage? With that in mind, the City Attorneys office who gets paid by the taxpayer will be paying rent in their new taxpayer paid building.
So how does all this benefit the taxpayer? It won’t, the fact of the matter is that it will cost an additional $411.035.00 from the taxpayer! Currently, the City Attorneys occupation of the 5th Floor of City Hall has a yearly cost of $208,039.00. The total annual cost in rent the City would pay to Grease-Them-Savagley would be $548,046.00. Bad deal at a cost to the taxpayer. Of course the other side are emphasizing that we need the space! We are hiring more attorneys and the cubicles at City Hall do not allow for privacy for sensitive legal issues. But why is the City Attorney’s Office anticipating hiring more lawyers? The City of Riverside already has approximately about 13 (not sure)? But we want to hire more, not to include all the other outside legal firms we may have contracted and on retainer. City of Moreno Valley with a population of 200K has two attorney’s. The City of Murreta with a population of 100K has one. The question, is how many laws suits against the City are we receiving? If that is what is happening, why is it happening? Why is the City receiving so much liability?
This completely smells of Deja Vu with the bad deal made with Developer Mark Rubin’s building Citrus Towers. We initially assumed Best, Best & Krieger’s lease so that they could move to his new building. RPU taking over this lease to move into this gold plated building, cost the taxpayers a pretty penny which shouldn’t have happened, because we had plenty of taxpayer properties that could have been occupied at low expense. But is this culture of elitism whereby the real interest of the taxpayers doesn’t really matter? What happened to public service and public servants?
TMC did a story on this very issue back in July 2011 called: I’LL TAKE A DOUBLE RUBIN ON A BB&K WITH RPU ON THE SIDE!
At this time the City Attorney’s Office, along with Riverside Public Utilities will now reside in the $40 million dollar Wells Fargo building. With that in mind, the best part is that the City, in the best of interest of the taxpayer was able to negotiate a rate of $2.50 per rentable square foot to $2.25 per square foot. Along with this there will also be a one time cost of a $125, 000.00 to cover the cost of moving, new furniture, fixtures and equipment. This at a time when City Manager John Russo is going around town to public meetings stating that we don’t have money and need tighten our belts.
According to local residents, the City refuses to give a tour to them on this Gold Plated building. You paid for a $40 million dollar building, but you can’t see what you bought! Is the America you want to live in? One was told that City Manager John Russo and even Councilman Mike Gardner said “no!” As a result, following records request was sent by Attorney Raychele Sterling.
To: Nicole Roa <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Sherry Morton-Ellis <SMorton@riversideca.gov>, “Nicol, Colleen” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Allen, Susan” <email@example.com>
Cc: Alicia Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, “Davis, Paul” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In light of the Public Utilities Director’s and Councilman Mike Gardner’s (with the alleged concurrence of the City Manager) refusal to permit a tour of the recently remodeled PU facility located on University Avenue by members of the community who are critical of PU’s extravagant expenditures (while allowing other non-critical members of the public to observe the facility), please make the following available for my review:
1) Entire project file for the PU Board Room/Multi Purpose Room remodel (including all photographs).
2) All Purchase Orders and Purchase Requisitions for the past 5 years for the procurement of any furniture (module or stationary), electronics (excluding PCs, Printers, Photocopiers), art, photography or sculptures, appliances (including refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves etc.) flooring, tile and carpet for Riverside Public Utilities.
3) A list of all participants (including the Chamber of Commerce members) in ANY tour of ANY City Facility and all accompanying releases of liability for the past 5 years. I personally have observed and participated in tours of the Sewer Treatment Plant, RERC, Orange Square and Utilities Plaza, as well as witnessed the execution of releases of liability by members of the public for such tours.
4) Any current policies and procedures regarding touring of City facilities by members of the public. 5) All releases for PU’s “Bring Your Daughter to Work Day”, as well as a list of the facilities where these individuals were permitted to be for the past five years.
6) All releases for any “Bring your Child to Work Day”, “Shadow the Mayor Day” or “Shadow a Council Member Day”, Grade School tours, or the like, and a list of any and all facilities these individuals were permitted to be in for the past five years.
7) List of any currently scheduled or proposed tours of ANY City Facility by any individuals or group. Please identify the facilities intended to be toured.
8) A List of all PU facilities (please identify specific rooms as well) that were open to the public to attend City and/or Utility meetings within the past 5 years.
9) A list of all City employees who have provided tours of ANY City facility to members of the public.
Upon review, I will determine what documents I would like to duplicated. Thank you
Raychele Sterling, Esq.
WHAT IS THE STORY ON THIS SMALL PIECE OF CITY LAND THAT A BASKETBALL COURT AND TENNIS COURT WERE BUILT ON?
No one seems to know how a Tennis Court and Basketball Court was built on City Land! Even Development Director Emilio Ramirez didn’t have an answer for Council. The issue (Item #14) was removed from the Consent Calender by Council. According to Ramirez, City documents could not be found which showed a timeline of permits for building etc.
CLICK ON PIC TO ENLARGE
TMC, RATED RIVERSIDE’S REGIONAL COUNTIES MOST, “NEGATIVE,” “RAUNCHY,” “LOW CLASS,” “VISIONS OF GRANDEUR,” “FULL OF B.S.,” “IGNORANT,” “MISGUIDED,” “BULLYISH,” “FILTHY,” “SICK,” “PERVERTED,” “STUPID,” “PATHETIC,” “DESPICABLE,” “DISAPPOINTING,” “BELOW THE BELT,” “A NEW LOW,” “SHOCKING,” “OFFENSIVE,” “INAPPROPRIATE,” “HURTFUL,” “MEAN SPIRITED,” “DISTASTEFUL,” “EMBARRASSING,” HORIFFIC,” “SLANDEROUS” “FIT TO BE VIEWED FROM THE REAR” AND
MEZZSPELLED, “MISSPELLED” AND “OPINIONATED” BLOG SITE! TEMPORARILY BLOCKED BY THE CITY OF RIVERSIDE AT PUBLIC ACCESS SITES WITHIN THE CITY, THEN UNBLOCKED. I GUESS YOU CANNOT DO THAT ACCORDING TO THE ACLU. RATED ONE TWO ONE STAR OUT OF FIVE IN TERMS OF COMMUNITY APPROVAL RATINGS.. TMC IS NOW EXCLUSIVLY EXCLUSIVELY ON FILE WITH THE COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE’S DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE (WE BELIEVE THIS WILL END SOON, SINCE THE FOCUS IS NOW ON THE IMPROPRIETIES OF MR. “Z”. WE TRIED TO TELL YOU, BUT NOBODY LISTENED), AND DON’T FORGET WE ARE PROSSIBLY POSSIBLY ON FILE WITH THE CITY OF RIVERSIDE’S POTENTIAL SLAPP SUIT LIST… A STRATEGIC LEGAL MANEUVER THAT CAN BE DONE ONLY IN RIVERSIDE WITHOUT A CONTRACT… AGAIN, THANK YOU COMMUNITY OF RIVERSIDE AND THE CITY OF RIVERSIDE EMPLOYEE’S FOR YOUR SUPPORT!